Monday, November 30, 2009

So sleepy, so in love, so anxious

Is being anxious at night part of parenthood? The last few days have flown by with happy memories, a sleepy baby, a loving husband, and accomplishments like getting better and better at nursing. But come nighttime I get so anxious to put James in his crib and go to sleep. Having him sleep in my room is no easier, every sound he makes, or lack there of, sends me into a tailspin or worry. I just hate bedtime. I hope it gets easier.

That said, daytime is wonderful. I can't believe how busy I am. James is a great sleeper, but it seems like there is always something to do. E has taken paternity leave and has been by my side since last week at this time (when I was going into labor!). We've been learning things together, like how to change a dirty diaper, how to bathe a screaming baby, and how to sleep with a newborn in the house.

We've had lots of visitors, went to two Thanksgiving feasts, and set up or Christmas tree over the last few days. Life is wonderful, if it wasn't for those darn anxiety filled nighttime hours.

I snapped this photo of James today with his eyes open, but the lighting was horrible and the colors were all off, but it does look pretty good as a black and white.
And here is one in color. E says James's eyes are "beautimus", I agree.

3 comments:

  1. Beautimus, indeed! I can't get over how amazing it all is! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry! Being anxious is totally normal. Give it a month and you will have learned all his little sounds and know exactly when to go running to him and which times you can just let him cry out. You'll do fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ethan3:39 PM

    I hope so! Right now he is actually being a pretty good sleeper, but I can't say the same for mom and dad with all the nervousness.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails