Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Annual murder mystery

On Halloween day, E and I answered the door until eight and then headed over to Logan and Brooke's house with murder on the mind. Yes, it was their annual Halloween Murder Mystery, something E and I really really look forward to each and every year.

Every October Logan and Brooke decorate fabulously, serve fantastic food, and make the entire night extremely memorable. This year was no different. This year theme was Asian, so E and I arrived in our kimono and ninja outfit. I felt quite large in a kimono meant for a skinny Japanese woman, and E looked awesome in his ninja get-up.

The dinner, as always, was amazing. Egg rolls, orange chicken, lo mein, wontons, beef and broccoli, plus other wonderful Chinese dishes filled our tummies. After dinner we started the game. Almost immediately we were laughing and playing along. I played the devilish second wife of Master Hoo, who had murdered in the past.

Three hours and way too many laughs later we all guessed who the murder was, and read the final page of our mystery notebook. I guessed correctly, Logan's brother Landon was the guilty party. Can't wait until next year.

Doesn't the house look amazing? All the light came from candles, no overhead lighting at all. It was awesome!
E is a very scary ninja indeed.
Justin, who played my husband this year, and my love interest last year (ohh la la!) and Becky.
Big pregnant lady, Logan and Brooke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails