Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Weekend at home before the baby

E and I spent another lovely weekend at home. The entire time I was hoping and hoping for contractions to start, but alas, Baby November is happy where he is.

So, instead of dwelling on the fact that the little man isn't going to grace us with his presence any time soon, E and I stayed somewhat busy. On both Saturday and Sunday morning we made a big breakfast at home. This is something we hardly ever do in the warm months, but seem to really enjoy once it gets colder. E made a new recipe he's been eying called Cornflake encrusted french toast. It was amazing. First you dipped the bread in an egg, sugar and cream mixture, then into crushed cornflakes. Then he fried them in his cast iron skillet, and made eggs, hash browns, coffee, and juice on the side. The entire breakfast was divine.

On Saturday it snowed and snowed, our first real snowstorm of the year. E and I decided to trek out into the storm and visit the Free Mason Temple of Utah. As you might know, the Free Masons are a fraternal organization that try to better the world through service and such. Well they are also considered a "secret society" which is something E has been interested in since since I met him, way before it became popular. Anyway, we decided to tour the huge Salt Lake Temple for the second time, we'd visited together about eight years ago with a college class of mine. The temple was quite interesting, as I remember, and lots of the symbolism E remembered from our first tour, and could point out to me.


The rest of the weekend was consumed with a family dinner with E's family and another fun one with my family. We also packed our hospital bags, finished last nursery "to-dos" and tried to stay positive about the fact that I might be in the hospital on Thanksgiving.

And, now, two days later, there is still nothing much to report. No contractions, nothing. I'll update again tomorrow with my weekly pregnancy quiz, unless, my some miraculous event, I'm in labor!

Remember our rain chain? Well with the storm this weekend it froze, and was beautifully stunning on Sunday, when the sky turned from gray to blue. It was awesome to watch it melt slowly.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! Those breakfast photos have my mouth watering. The temple visit looks very enlightening! I think those stairs are my favorite. They seem pretty self-explanatory, but I'd love to hear more....

    If it helps, I'll sit and clench my stomach muscles every few minutes for a while, sending "intention" your way that those contractions start!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails