Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas continued: December 26th

Since Christmas is so busy, my Mom decided to host her party on December 26th. She wanted all my siblings to have a chance to open their presents and enjoy yet another delicious dinner. So, the day after Christmas (after a much needed relaxing day at home), E, James and I headed to my mom's for more presents, food and fun.

We had yet to exchange gifts with my grandma as well, so she was in attendance. We started the party with drinks and presents. My mom, as always, had way way too many presents for all of us. Most of them were just small items, but each person had at least 15 things to open. E, James and I opened present after present. I got gloves, a garden gnome and a couple of other small things. E got his favorite Scotch and James got a ton of neat gifts!

After about half the presents were opened everyone started to feel hungry, so we descended on the kitchen and started to make swiss fondue (seriously, one of my favorite things ever) and broth fondue with beef, and there was tons of stuff for dipping.

After lots of cheese covered goodness, we continued to open more presents and then ended the night with chocolate fondue, bananas, strawberries and some pound cake for dipping. Seriously, do the holidays get any better?

One small portion of the HUGE pile of presents.
Baby man with one of his presents. So happy.
Melissa, my mom and Chandler open some gifts.
My mom wanted the Julia Child cookbook The Art of French Cooking. She was happy to receive it!
Swiss fondue is so so so good. Seriously, favorite thing ever. Kathleen, Brandon and Chuck tend to agree.
Kathleen, Brandon and my Grandma loved it when James was awake and happy. At one point he graced the entire party with a huge grin. It just melts your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails