Tuesday, December 08, 2009

With eyes like the sea after a storm

Remember that awesome quote in Princess Bride, when Buttercup is describing her true love Wesley? "A Farm Boy. Poor. Poor and Perfect. With eyes like the sea after a storm."

I just love that. The sea after a storm. The sea is gray, blue and purple after a storm, exactly the color of James's eyes. I know James's eyes won't stay this color, baby eyes are blueish when they are born and change over the next months to finally land on their final color around six months old.

But for now, James's eyes are the color of the sea. Dark blueish, purplish, grayish. Just like the sea after a storm. They are beautiful.

And two side notes-

One- Today is James two week birthday! He's been here for two of the most amazing weeks of life. We visited the doc today and she said the most wonderful words a doc can say: "he's perfect."

Two- Isn't it funny that the photo I used in this post actually looks a ton like my little man? I guess I knew, in a way, that I had a dark haired man.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, what pretty eyes. It actually takes a lot longer than 6 months for a baby's eye color to develop. With Ian, his were blue and then really hazel and just these last couple of months, the green that was in his eyes is disappearing. My dr. told me it would be more like 2 years before it would probably be his exact color.

    But I don't know with James. His are definitely blue. They remind me of my sister's girls eyes. I think they are going to stay this color. Does E have blue eyes?

    I also think James' hair is going to get lighter. His eyebrows and eyelashes are so light. If he was going to keep his dark hair, wouldn't his lashes be darker?

    Your doctor is right. He is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:46 PM

    He is gorgeous and he look like he is so calm. We will see him soon and I have the perfect present for him and his forest room.
    So glad you are able to enjoy these moments with him.
    Grandma says you are taking appointments, hopefully you will be able to bring him to us when we are there.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails