Thursday, December 03, 2009

The grin

The experts say babies can't smile for four to six weeks. Well they've got it wrong. James has been grinning since day 1, really. Sometimes he does this huge open mouth grin that just melts your heart, sometimes he does a closed mouth grin that makes him look like a little elf. Every time he is grinning we run for the camera (unless it is the middle of the night, which also seems to be a favorite time to show off his smiles) and usually we miss the best grins on film.

But we did catch one the other day. This is one of his closed mouth grins, I think like he looks like a little elf.
And here are some of his other famous looks that we captured while trying to get him to smile again:


We've been pulling the camera out every chance we get. James is going to only be this little for a short amount of time, and we want to capture everything. Here are some of my favorites over the last few days -

I adore this photo. We set up the Christmas tree over the last few days and showed it to James. He was quite impressed.
The next four photos were taken all within ten seconds of each other. These are in order too.

"My name is James" says the little man.
"And I'm going to cry! This is my classic I'm going to cry face"
"Ha! Faked you out! No tears yet!"
"Back to sleep"
And this I snapped over the edge of his crib two mornings ago. I swear he's smiling.

6 comments:

  1. Jessica he is just too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the Christmas Tree pic is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is cute, cute, cute! Love that grin. :-)

    -Katie148

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:47 PM

    So cute.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:00 PM

    Love his little smiles. My mom always said that when babies smile in their sleep that is when the angels are talking to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. James is doing great, that's wonderful. I just want to know where these little ones are getting all the hair!

    Joe

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails