Monday, December 07, 2009

December weekend 1: St. Nicholas Day Tea

Each year E's family kicks off the holiday season with high tea on December 6th, St. Nicholas Day. I love this tradition, because not only is high tea one of my favorite things ever, but kicking off the holidays at the beginning of December also counts towards one of my favorite things.

James, was of course, the star of the show, however Chelsea's sticky toffee pudding easily took second place.

Now that I'm two weeks into being a mother (yes! James has been here from almost two weeks!), I'm feeling more energetic, more confident, and more sure of my mothering abilities. And, I'm kind of sleeping at night, which is always a plus. So, now, after two weeks, I feel like I can truly relax and enjoy the season.

Can't wait for all the fun things to come. Happy St. Nicholas Day!

One of my goals of motherhood is to actually get photos of me with the baby. So far I've been doing a really good job. Now I just need to get some photos of E, myself and James together. I'm not sure there has been a family photo yet...
James's first tea. Happy man.
And the table. Doesn't everything look divine?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails