Saturday, December 05, 2009

Looking back: Thanksgiving

I was hoping and wishing three weeks ago that I would be home, with baby on boob, by Thanksgiving. My wish was granted, and I got discharged from the hospital on Thanksgiving morning.

On Thanksgiving, as I mentioned, we went over to E's family's house and had a fantastic dinner. It is amazing how much I was able to eat, now that there is room in my abdomen again. James was angelic, sleeping the entire time and letting E's family pass him around.

Then on Sunday mom Mom hosted a Thanksgiving dinner. It was so fun to have the dinners on separate nights, this is the first time this has happened, and so for the first time ever E and I were able to eat to our heart's content at each meal.

James, again was angelic, until dinner started. Then he started to fuss, and didn't want to be put down. So I held him, while eating, for the first time. Since then, he's decided that he quite likes being held when I'm trying to eat, and has needed to be either bounced or nursed during most meals since.

After dinner and a quick nursing at my mom's, James was again happy to be passed from person to person. My aunt, uncle and cousin had yet to meet him, so they were thrilled to finally get to hold him and kiss him.

Love Thanksgiving. So so much to be thankful for.

James found it wonderful to be held through dinner. I was still able to eat, and miraculously, didn't spill on my little human napkin!
My mom's kitty Ivan is so curious and sweet. He always wants to be in the middle of everything, including meeting the baby.
I wasn't sure if James would arrive before Thanksgiving, and then when he did, I realized he needed a Thanksgiving outfit. I sent my mother-in-law, Connie, on the very important task the day before the holiday. She, luckily, was able to find a little "Thanksgiving Rocks" outfit.
Uncle Mike and Aunt Laura meet the little guy.
As well as my cousin Kendra.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails