Erin M. posted this on her blog and I thought this List of 100 Things you Must do in your Lifetime would be fun to post here.
Everything below that is in bold I've done. Now I just need to work on the rest of them.
1. Started your own blog - hello, you are reading it.
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band - I don't have any musical talent, so I don't see this happening anytime soon.
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a Praying Mantis
10. Sang a solo - again, with the music talent.
11. Bungee jumped - I'd love to do this, I've always wanted to.
12. Visited Paris - It's on my with list!
13. Watched an amazing lightning storm
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child - this is something I would really like to do. I've adopted a cat, so it's a start.
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty - I've stood in front of it, does that count?
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb - not only help, but saved! One time while E and I were on the way to the farmhouse I noticed a tiny lamp on the outside of the pasture fence. We slowed down and stopped. The lamp was crying and crying and trying to get back to her Mommy. I scooped up the little guy and plopped her on the right side of the fence. She was so happy to see her mommy again, she skipped and bounced and tripped. So cute.
26. Gone skinny dipping - anybody that knows me, knows I've done this many many times. Allison might remember "naked parties" after the swim teacher left my house when I was about eight. Erin will remember Lake Powell, convincing her and her sisters to strip down right near her family. Great memories.
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - on my honeymoon.
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - both, many times, in many countries.
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise - I've been on a transatlantic crossing. Does that count? I say yes.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person - really awesome, I want to go again.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - I've been to England but have yet to make it to Hungary and Poland. So I've done half of this, hence the reason half is in bold. ;)
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language - I wish. I'd love to learn Italian one day.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - yes.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person - not that great. Florence is much better.
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David - walk behind to see the best part, his ass!
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - I bought a hobo coffee and a donut once.
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance - this is something I hope to never do. Why is it even on this list?
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - I've done both.
52. Kissed in the rain -I've done much much more than kissing ;)
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater - there is a drive in in Sanpete right near the farmhouse. We go every summer. This year we saw Wall-E there.
55. Been in a movie - a movie E created, does that count? It aired on TV!
56. Visited the Great Wall of China - this is something I MUST do, and soon!
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving - another thing I really want to do.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - yikes, I'm not sure I could.
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job - nope, and not something I really think you "need" to experience.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London - been to London twice, this just doesn't interest me.
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - don't think I'll ever do this one. Ever.
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby - it's something I want to do
95. Seen the Alamo in person - why is this on here? Anyway, yes, I have. (Funny story, I read this as "albino" when I first wrote this, hence the sarcastic comment. I have not seen the "Alamo" but I will leave it bolded to denote my stupidity!)
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake - sad so say I've done it.
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee - I sat on one when I was about nine. My grandpa pulled the stinger out of my butt. Bad times.
100. Visited Italy
I tag Chelsea, Brittney, Penny, and Colette