Friday, June 18, 2010

Early morning walk in the garden

Today, being a beautiful summer day, I decided to meet my mom and grandma for an early morning walk in Red Butte Garden.

I met them there at 9:30 and we walked through some of the most beautiful outdoor spaces Utah has to offer. We spotted a tiny baby bunny, some squirrels and lots of beautiful blooming plants. The morning air was cool and wonderful. The sun kissed and warmed our skin and my Grandma walked the entire way without a walker or a cane.

James was wondering what the heck we are doing out and about, when clearly it was almost nap time. (What was I thinking?!)

At 10:30 I bid them farewell and drove home with a very sleepy baby. Nap time, after all, was upon us.

Ahhh... is there anything better in this world than mornings in a garden? I think not.
James was happy in the beginning.




And then near the end, not so much. We were late for nap time, and this kid likes his schedule.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to know why his funny dino picture you have on facebook isn't included somewhere here for us non-facebookers?
    Your grandma looks great! What a nice way to get some fresh air and exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes. The mad dino photo! It is only on Facebook because I took it with my phone and automatically updated to Facebook. Not so easy to use cell phone photos on the blog. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails