Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Homemade card



I wanted to make something special for E for his first Father's Day being a father. I thought about it for awhile and decided a homemade card would be perfect. I wanted it to be different, something he'll keep forever. Something he'll cherish.

So I went through all my old photos (thousands of them) and picked out the favorites of E and his son. There are so many. From the first moment he held James to playing at the farmhouse together to the photo on the blanket from just weeks ago.

I re-sized them all in Photoshop (only 1" by 1.35") and laid them out for them to get printed at the local photo center. Then I carefully cut them all apart, accordion folded some scrapbook paper and glued them in order from earliest to most recent.

I kept some pages blank so I could write things like "He will always be your baby" and "He's loved you since the moment I laid eyes on you". Then I put the entire accordion folded book into a tiny silver box and tied it with a ribbon.

E got teary eyed when he opened it. That was the point.

2 comments:

  1. Ethan1:37 PM

    It's the best present ever! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest card! Seeing your happy family makes me happy, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails