Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Lunch with the Grandmas

My Grandma hosted a little impromptu lunch in her garden today for me, my mom and James. Really she just needed to stop by her home to cut some roses. My mom was with her, and James and I stopped by for a visit.

We ate a little lunch, chatted, and played with the baby. And enjoyed the garden.

My Grandma is doing a lot better since her stroke in late January. She is able to walk and move around without assistance. She is able to make her own food, pick up things from the ground, garden a little bit, and mostly take care of herself. Things she is still working on are reading (the stroke really affected the left side of her vision), not getting confused by time or dates, and practicing more movement with her left arm and hand.

She is happily living with my Aunt Laura and Uncle Mike right now (and my cousins Kendra and Taylor). At this point we are not sure if she will live alone again. She is still improving day by day, but things like writing checks, paying bills and using the stove all need supervision. And driving is out of the question right now.

But, since the very beginning of her recovery, she's loved holding Baby James. It is something that always makes her cry with love and happiness.

Today was a good day.

Isn't my Grandma looking more and more like her old self? Much better than just three months ago!
Her rose garden is a thing of amazing beauty.

James loves Grandma Debbie and was quite happy to help in the garden.




And almost every year on my Grandma's front door a little bird builds a nest in her wreath. Yes, this happens every year! This year there are three tiny baby birds in the nest. I love their fluffy sweetness.

2 comments:

  1. These look like sparrows, which I love! And it makes me so happy your grandma can still enjoy so much, especially that most beautiful flower, James!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey10:45 PM

    Glad to see your grandma is doing better. You are such a cute mom and you sure made a cute baby!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails