Thursday, June 24, 2010

My baby is a big boy {Seven months with Wolfy}

Ack. My baby (my tiny sweet little snuggley lump) is a big boy! Seven months. Never in my life have seven months slipped away so quickly. In the first two months, time sometimes seemed to drag. It was cold. It was winter. And I was stressed with a newborn. But then all of a sudden someone hit the fast forward button and here we are, it seems like only a moment later.

James is at SUCH A FUN age! Every day he learns something new. On Father's Day he learned to say "dadadada" which about melted E's heart. He's said "ma" once. And, he has started sleeping through the night!!! Not every night, but about half the time. Just last night he went from 6:45 pm to 6:30 am. I am in heaven!

James is a master at sitting and rarely topples. He still isn't much for being on his tummy, and when I place him there he promptly rolls to his back, so crawling is not coming along well. However, I never learned to crawl. I scooted on my butt, and I swear, he's going to take after his Mama on this one. When he's sitting he wants to move, and will try to scoot forward. Won't be long!

Also this kid LOVES to stand. Whenever he is fussy or bored, you can stand him up, and he's happy. Also he's strong enough to grab your hands and pull himself up. He also can't wait to walk, and with help will walk a few steps.

Gah, he's too big. One of his favorite games is "Where is my baby?" which is a 100% made-up by Mommy game. First I hold him close, rocking him, telling him he's such a good baby. Then I sit him on my leg, telling him to go to sleep. James instantly stands up and I act surprised and ask him who stole my baby and replaced him with a big boy. Over and over again James grins and thinks it's the best game ever.

So here he is. Bigger bigger.
Now that James wants to taste everything, Wolfy is included. Yum yum. And doesn't that smile just kill ya?

In his room if you stand him up to his toy chest (he can't get up by himself yet) and he'll happily stand there alone for quite some time. Kills me how fast time flies.
Love this goof.

3 comments:

  1. James...I want to come play with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke,
    We'd love to see you and Logan again soon. This week is not so good with Chelsea's wedding, but next week might work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, time does fly. such a great big boy. You have reason to be proud.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails