Sunday, June 06, 2010

A little day hike

E and I have been excited to go hiking again and take the babe along. Back in March, James was a little unsure about the whole hiking concept, finally warming up to it on the last day of our Zion National Park trip.

We've been waiting for the perfect weekend to strap him back in the baby pack and walk the trails. We decided on Ferguson Canyon, which is one of mine and E's favorite Salt Lake City hikes. James was not happy with being on E's back, so we switched him to the front, facing out, and he loved it.

He looked around mesmerized and didn't make a peep. Well, I guess he made a few happy squeals.

We didn't stay out too long, due to the fact that baby nap time was quickly approaching and James is really getting too heavy to carry on your tummy. E was definitely feeling the nearly 20 pounds of baby in his low back by the end of our hike.

But we had a really really fun time. And nursing a baby on a rock, in the mountains, under the sunny skies makes me feel like a hippie mama or something, and I kinda like it. :)

My boys in their hiking hats.
This is near where I nursed James. I just love the towering granite cliffs of Ferguson Canyon. Here I was telling James that he was my little mountain goat and he was laughing. So glad E snapped a photo.
Near the trail head is an awesome view of Salt Lake Valley. As you an see, the weather was unbelievable.
And, today was the first day James has worn sunscreen! Another first, even though it's a little one.

1 comment:

  1. Now all he needs are a pair of baby hiking boots! What adorable pictures of my beautiful grandson!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails