Saturday, June 26, 2010

Wedding week: Friday

Friday:
The festivities started early on Friday with breakfast, mimosas, and manicure/pedicures at a local salon! Mary (Joe's mom) provided the alcohol, OJ and bagels that we all enjoyed as we got pampered from head to toe.

All the ladies were inspired by Chelsea's wedding colors (purple and green) to get our nails done in a shade of purple. James (the only guy in the bunch) happily hung out with me and with Granny Connie while my fingernails were perfected.

(I made a commitment to myself to NOT WEED the garden with my new fingernails, and only two hours later, a saw a weed that just needed to be pulled. I only pulled that one, so I think I did a pretty good job.)

The soon to be Mrs. Silverzweig (isn't that sweatshirt the cutest?) picks out the perfect wedding day nail color.
James is ready for a pedi.
Connie, Chelsea and Mary get pampered. So fun.
Then, late in the day (after putting the Baby Man down to bed successfully 45 minutes early!), E and I headed out to Market Street Cottonwood for the rehearsal dinner. This seafood restaurant is awesome, with a rope bridge connecting the parking lot to the restaurant, and a top deck for private parties.

After another round of introductions (I love weddings, so many new wonderful people to meet!) we started the rehearsal. All too soon Chelsea was walking down the aisle looking stunning with a parent on each arm. I'm sure there were a few tears shed.

We ran through the ceremony again and then started the party! Tons of fantastic appetizers were brought out, people mingled, salads, wine and crab cakes were served. A two-man band played classical tunes in the background. Everything was perfect.

I chatted with the beautiful bride on my right, and a fascinating NYC couple next to Ethan with an adorable two year old little girl (who is the flower girl!)

Dinner soon was served (fresh Alaskan salmon!) and more wine was poured. All too soon coffee and desserts were placed in front of us and the night was winding down.

I can't wait for the wedding.

Both family's shared some old photos of the soon-to-be bride and groom. So here is the beautiful bride-to-be with a very '80s groom. So cute!
E and his sibs, Chelsea and David (notice they are dressed in the wedding colors).
E and his bride of almost four years, me. ;)
E walks across Big Cottonwood Creek on the rope bridge. Cool, huh? And doesn't Chelsea just look like a blushing bride? Yep, she's gorgeous.

The ladies (I'm on the right)
The men.
Judy (a family friend of E's) warms up on the bagpipes. And Steve and Connie practice walking the bride down the aisle.

We were lucky enough to sit at Chelsea and Joe's table. And the entire room was stunning.

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting teary-eyed just thinking about it! Chelsea is SOOOOOO beautiful (I love that purple dress!) and the joy radiating from her only enhances it. Your photos capture great moments!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails