Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Eve

Remember about a month ago on my first Mother's Day E and I decided to celebrate all weekend, instead of just Sunday? Well we wanted to do the same this weekend with Father's Day.

So on Saturday morning James and I woke up E with a big "happy father's day" and a big hug and kiss. James happily chatted in bed with E while I made coffee and then fed him. Then we decided to start right onto presents! James and I have been planning for months to get E a cast iron griddle. It is something he's wanted for ages, and now that he's a weekend-brunch-making-god, I thought that a griddle was in order.

E was thrilled.

And I knew he'd want to use it first thing, so I picked out two recipes for Saturday morning brunch and got all the supplies the day before. E whipped up awesome fennel and potato hash in his cast iron skillet (that he got as a birthday present a few years ago) and caramelized french toast with cinnamon and berries using the new griddle, along with a fried egg.

My word, these brunches keep getting better and better. And it was awesome to have a nice drawn out breakfast while the baby napped.




Plate slicked clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails