Tuesday, June 08, 2010

She's still around

The other day while nursing James I was looking at old posts of mine on my blog. It is something I love to do, my blog is truly a gift to myself. Love it.

Anyway, I found this little entry that I made on September 18th:
The day was amazing, and it is wonderful to spend the entire day with my Grandma. Over the last year I've really gotten to know her and really cherished our time together. Plus, we are the perfect walking partners, me with my big belly and her with her bad knees, we both go at a snail's pace. (This winter she will have knee replacement surgery, so by next summer we with both be rockn' the trails once again.)

If only we could have known where life would take us. The knee surgery everyone was so looking forward to changed everyone's life from that moment on. It changed my Grandma's life forever.

Visiting with my Grandma today just made me (again) so so thankful the stroke that took so much from her didn't take her life. I'm glad she's still around.

And I'm glad this guy is around too. :)

1 comment:

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails